Texas Materials is a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, which is A CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Materials is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
The Shop Mechanic is responsible for overseeing the daily activities in a shop. This includes but is not limited to technician scheduling and effectiveness, repair procedures, technical advice/guidance and overall fleet condition.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Implement, manage and maintain effective scheduling process (visual board) to ensure overall preventative maintenance program is in place.
- Technician effectiveness scheduled, tracked and managed by management.
- Daily performance meetings held with technicians based on tracked metrics of productivity, quality and safety.
- Define, implement and utilize current Work Order processes to effectively manage and track all equipment repairs.
- Implement and ensure effectiveness of repair processes.
- PM/Lube process and system in place to ensure timely maintenance on fleet.
- Maintain Federal, State and local compliance with all DOT laws and regulations including annual DOT inspections
- Maintain awareness and compliance with all MSHA and OSHA regulations affecting shop and equipment operations
- Track, manage and reduce all re-active repairs on break downs, door calls and service calls.
- Oversee VCR/VIR process to ensure effective inspections are being performed daily and repairs completed.
- Communicate with local vendors to ensure effective outsourced repairs.
- Utilize Sourcing teams input on any significant purchases or agreements.
- Annual inspection process to ensure scheduled maintenance to reduce downtime.
- Ensure employee driven safety culture is in place and effective.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High School Diploma required with a minimum of 2 years of shop experience required.
- Experience working with electronic equipment management systems preferred.
- Experience in heavy equipment and on-highway trucks preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Possess a strong work ethic and high standards for safety in the workplace.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to work with suppliers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, crawl, kneel, and bend.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Texas Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.