Class A or B CDL Ready Mix Truck Driver-South Austin
$1000 Sign-On Bonus!
Incentive Bonus of up to $500 monthly!
Texas Concrete is hiring Class A or B CDL Ready Mix Truck Drivers.
Starting pay is up to $21/hr and will be based on years of mixer experience.
As a Ready Mix Driver you will be responsible for the transportation of ready-mix concrete to construction projects, company-owned facilities, and various customers. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of ready-mix trucks. Deliveries will be made in both industrial and residential areas. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
• Minimum high school diploma or GED.
• Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with air brake endorsement, possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
• Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
• Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• Must pass DOT physical, drug screen, and criminal background check.
• Must possess valid DOT medical card.
• MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
• Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
• Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
• Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
• Must wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required for this position is: Hard Hat, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Glasses.
• Must maintain compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
• Must be familiar with securing heavy equipment and other over dimensional loads.
• Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
• Load and unload equipment of materials.
• Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
• Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
• Properly follow all company policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
• Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
• Assure product quality to the best of ability.
• Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
• Keep vehicle clean and in orderly condition.
• Maintain strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Ability to learn operational knowledge and skills of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated.
• Ability to read, write, and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
• Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
• Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
• Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments, and assist with issues that may arise.
• Ability to operate various types of heavy equipment, including Truck/Car, Ready Mix Truck, Loader/Backhoe, and Haul Truck.
• Ability to climb, stoop, bend, squat, frequently lift extensions chutes, stretch, sit/drive, shift gears, and cover/uncover load when applicable.
• Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to exert up to 10-20 lbs. constantly to move objects, 25-50 lbs. of force frequently, and 50-100 lbs. of force occasionally.
• Ability to work in all weather conditions.
• Ability to withstand exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Ability to withstand exposure to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
Texas Concrete, a locally-based construction company and building materials supplier, is a CRH Company, the largest asphalt, ready-mix, and aggregates producer in North America. Texas Concrete is part of CRH's growing Texas-based network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.